Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
kiffie2413

Hi all,
I heard back from Singer Co...they were fast! My vintage Singer sewing machine is model 66-16, made in New Jersey in 1949. I also have the original cabinet. As I said before I am a wee bit :oops: that I have never thought to quilt or sew with it...all I have ever done is admire it!.. :) It was my Great-grandma's machine, we all called her Ma.. I have many fond memories of lounging on her bed with the ceiling fan going, and all the windows open with the nice breeze, and watching Ma at the machine, her tea glass next to her, and she was sewing away...she always made sure I had my favorite aluminum glass of sweet tea, and let me "help" with handing her things...I had many great dresses she made with this machine! I also have quite a few quilt tops, but most of those were hand pieced by she and my Nanny (Ma's daughter)...After stopping "lurking" on this great board, and signing in, I have seen where some of you use vintage machines....with awesome success!! I have seen some beautiful quilts made with them...So, I have taken the machine out, and while I have a lot of the accessories, I am missing the throat plate...so, will be iso that...also, will be taking it in to local shop to get it all checked over, and think I may give sewing a go with it...ok. that's my novel for now... ;-)
Take care,
K
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243578.jpe   attachment-243579.jpe