View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM
QuiltyLisa

I have 2 wonderful kids, DD age 20 and DS age 17. DD is a dream, she never caused a problem, a perfect child.. Now DS--oh my, DH and I had days we looked at each other and said..why did we have kids ?..lol
Now we have never called either of our kids stupid. But when I am sitting in the ER with my son for a 3rd time last summer and we are waiting to see the doctor to get the small stick that is impaled in his side due to him and his friends skateboarding down a hill fast and and jumping off the board into bushes (its called Bushwacking-BTW)-First 2 times were the broken foot from field hockey barefoot and the second was 16 stitches to the eye for wooden sword fighting. I did have to look at my son and say- what! did stupid come knocking on your door and you decided to answer! Will you please actually think before you do this stuff!

I didn't actually call him stupid. I was calling him out on the stupid things he was doing.and we wont even begin to go into the snowboarding behind a car while being pulled with a rope down the street in winter..

I love him. But the boy can try my patients.. And DH and I do make sure we never ever says; what cant you be like your sister" DH says boys do stupid things.. Its a given.

Hang in there- we all get past this.