View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:15 PM
sweetana3

Went to an auction where the description was loads of fabric from a sewer working in a fabric store and the fabric was for sewing or quilting, etc. Pictures were included of very large moving boxes of "fabric". She also had a machine and a nice upright cabinet for sale.

Well we got there and started opening these very large boxes we found a mixture of fabric from upolstery, quilting, sewing, etc. (mostly home dec. fabrics) Clean and not musty. Then the auctioneer ran over and told us no inspection and to leave them alone. She, in fact, covered the boxes so no one would even see them to ask about them. We did note that the items marked on the outside of the boxes did not match the contents.

We would have to stay all day to even inspect the box contents in the bottom boxes and did not want to waste any more time so we left. I complained to the owner's husband when leaving.

I also noted the auctioneer did not note significant damage on items so I am not returning. We have to many good auctioneers to give this one any business.

I am glad I did not convince anyone else to come.