View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 AM
seasaw2mch

Originally Posted by quilterbabe
People always seem amazed when I show them my quilts and they find out I donate them. I was even asked if Hospice bought the fabric and/or thread. Of course my answer is "no". As to why I make at least a dozen quilts a year and donate them - my family (and me) already has all they need at this time and I still want to quilt. I don't need a specific person to quilt for - I just enjoy the freedom of chosing my own colors, pattern, etc. BTW - a lot of these are my own designs. I start by using up some scraps or something that didn't work in another quilt - and it "tells me" what I need to do next.
Ya know I get the same questions all the time and sometimes it bothers me that people just don't understand that some times we do things "Just Because"

Just because I like to sew
Just because someone else needs something to feel special about
Just because I have nothing better to do
Just because I can (as long as my money holds out LOL)
Just because God gave me a gift of giving and I enjoy doing so

You can add any "Just because" statement you want as long as you can do what you enjoy and pass it on to someone else in need of a pick-me-up or not.

Anyway, just keep doing what you do and you will be happy that you did. By the way, you have some really nice quilts there and I'm sure whom ever gets one will cherish it.