View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 AM
mimisharon

Do you have any idea how much I love all of you? I've been so overwhelmed by the loss of my Roy that I've not been able to even open my computer for the most part. My sister and my Neil have been trying to respond to as many of the emails as they could and I apologize if I've not answered you nor sent you the thank you cards for the wonderful things some of you have sent me, the cards you've sent, and the love I've felt. I have tried to answer some of the emails the last couple of days but, as right now, I've tears running down my face and eyes swollen so much I can hardly see. If I have typos or things that drive English teachers crazy, bear with me...

I love all your ideas, there are no specifics on the quilts, I was making lap quilts for wheelchairs, bundle quilts for those that are confined to bed as my Roy was in the hospital. The only thing I ever did was pray for the person receiving the efforts and love as I made them.

I will be back soon, my mom has told me to buck up but I have 24/7 retraining to do. I still hear him in the middle of the night. I still have his voice of 'baby baby baby' in my morning routine.

My soldier goes back to Afghanistan on Thursday he is having a difficult time with this loss as well. My Neil is in tears a lot still. My grands are trying to distract us and one of these days when I'm able I will tell you about my 13 year old granddaughter writing and speaking at her Papa's funeral.

But today I must beg forgiveness for not being here now, I feel your hugs, I feel your love, and I WILL buck up and get on with life soon. Roy Lee would want that and only conceded to going with Jesus when I assured him I would be alright soon.

I love you,
Mimisharon
Sharon & Family