View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I find that quilting can help relieve some of the stress, of course when it is causing some of the stress you need to find something to help with that as well. After loosing my sewing room Feb 08 to a fire of all things, luckily that is all it took, it took some serious work to get back into it. Even today I find it hard sometimes, But i forge ahead and keep going, it is too important in my life to give up, and in the past it has helped a lot, my DH suffers from PTSD and so that is a daily stress that needs to be relived. Working in small bits sometimes helps me, do a few seams take a break, do some pressing take a break, do a few more seams. Sooner or later the stuff will get done. That is how I did the top that I am working on now. I took more breaks than sewing time. But now all it needs is it's border.
Oh my goodness that must have been devestating!
I was mildly surprised during the fire next door to realise that my "stuff" wasn't as important as I thought. We had the kids up, dressed, and ready to go, and had the animals sorted ready to shift quickly, but never gave the "stuff" a second thought. At that point though, we believed the neighbour was inside, and beyond help, so nothing else really compares to that.
Glad you're doing ok now, it must have been a hell of a time!