View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
omak

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
DOH! I'm such an idiot!

Hubby just rang and said he's going to have to work late, and I said "that's ok, I'll just spend the evening sewing".

*lightbulb moment*
Part of my not sewing lately has to be not wanting to be away from him right now. Nothing else matters as much as him in my life. My sewing room is down the hallway, and it's winter here now, so to sew in the evening I have to shut the door and turn my little heater on. Normally I love it, I'm cocooned in my little room in my own little world. But after the scare the other night, I want to be able to see him, or hear him at least, and know that he's ok.
Amazing how basic we really are, isn't it? I'm glad you got the insight.
Sorry to hear about your not so fun excitement. Glad to hear it turned out to be not so bad as it could have been.
Misfortunes tend to help us realize just how fragile we humans are, and how quickly things can change, up or down.
I try to plan handwork or quiet sewing time in the livingroom with hubby when he is home ... I don't have to be looking deeply into his eyes every moment, but being able to just "be" together helps us a lot.
And, now! Your five minutes are up! <g>