Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM
NanaCsews2

I can relate and all I can say is spend your energies on your family, your hobbies, and finding peace with this. I am years older than you and have dealt with this all my life too. I lost many friends because I chose a life with no bar hopping or weekends with partying at each others' houses. I like a good Golden Margarita or glass of wine maybe 2-3 times ayear, but I chose to make sure I am alert when my family may need me. And that can be 24/7. Nothing wrong with you or I, we just chose a different lifestyle and refuse to sway. I personally am not friends with anyone near me that quilts or sews. My friends are my husband, grown children, daughters in law, and their parents, plus very close friends with a couple in another state. No one I worked with sewed or had any interest in what I did. (you know those people, they pretend to be your friend, but once you leave they never talk to you again.) No one I grew up with did. None of the neighbors find time. Join a quilting group at church if you can. What a great way to find younger women and/or men who quilt, as perhaps they have family or younger friends you could meet up with. And the older ladies and gents are wonderful to be around, you learn so much from them. I found out there are more people that quilt in my area just by going to LQS-they have classes whereby you can meet lots of great folks. Good place to meet people your age. You just have to do it. And I should add, what helps me deal with days that can be lonely, is taking D-3, B6 and B12, calcium and magnesium. I try to eat read so I have the energy to try and be upbeat daily. It does work.