View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:49 AM
cherrybsixty

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
I just had to add that I only have three machines, a Singer 401A (1959), Featherweight 221 (1938), and a Brother Serger. But, I'm a avivd lurker on the VSMS on the board. I am hunger to own a 301A,99K,201-1,185J,15-90, the vintage machine is constructed from all metal, and a well constructed instrument. I would just love to be able own any or one of all of these machine.
Cherry I have all of those except for the 201K. I had one that I paid for but it never arrived and was lost in the mail. :( If I had one of those in a Drawing room cabinet I would be a happy little camper for sure! But the nice thing about your list is that all of the machines are readily available and can be found without a lot of effort. Oh and you might want to go ahead and add a 66 in the treadle to the list, they are really nice smooth running machines.

Billy
Billy, I was thinking that you were at it this early. If I would have learned to tredle when I was a girl the 66 would interest me. They do come in an e-machine. They are so costly around this part of Kansas. I read when Chris from Leavenworth nabs her finds, but I don't make the circuit like that. If I could keep my little Chevy out of my purse I would have the 301a for sure. I got my eye on one. I had to settle and get my FW from the ATL. I may luck out and find the 301 cheaper there this winter when I go to visit my daughters for the holiday.