View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Piedmont Quilter

is that I have been smoke free since the 7th of June. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

As many of you know, I posted that I was going to try and quit smoking back around the 16th or 17th of May. (That is when I started on the Chantix). Well - - so far I have not smoked since the 7th of June. (That's 10 days :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ) That's the GOOD news - now for the BAD.

It seams as though, when you stop smoking your body, (mainly your respirtory system), starts to get rid of all the "junk" that it has kept while you were smoking to protect its self from the smoke. SOOO - now I have a sinus infection. Seems I remember DH going through this when he quit and the Dr. told him it would go on - off and on - for about 6 months. Between the sinus infection and my normal allergies I am NOT a happy camper :!: :!: :!: I go for my regular allergy shot (for fire ants) on Wednesday - think I'll mention this to the RN and see what she says.

And BTW - ya'll were the only people I told I was quitting. It took DH 4 days to notice and say something, my DS (13 years old) thought when I was going out to work the flowers I was still smoking and DD (10 years old) was clueless. Step DS did notice and say something this past weekend (he only sees me on Sundays). And OH - so proud of step DS - he graduated from BLET this past Thursday. (That's Basic Law Enforcement Training) As for my co-workers - NOT A CLUE - too wrapped up in their own little world.

Sorry this has been so long - but wanted to let you know how I am, and where I was at on this journey. Many of you sent kind and encouraging words when I first started - THANK YOU SO MUCH. Having all of you know what I was trying to accomplish - made me feel like I was accountable to someone other than myself. I know this battle is not over yet, but I am determined to NOT let all of you down!!!

Thanks again, and God's blessing on each of you.

Piedmont Quilter
Rebecca
10 Days Smoke Free