Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Triumph - - -

is that I have been smoke free since the 7th of June. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

As many of you know, I posted that I was going to try and quit smoking back around the 16th or 17th of May. (That is when I started on the Chantix). Well - - so far I have not smoked since the 7th of June. (That's 10 days :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ) That's the GOOD news - now for the BAD.

It seams as though, when you stop smoking your body, (mainly your respirtory system), starts to get rid of all the "junk" that it has kept while you were smoking to protect its self from the smoke. SOOO - now I have a sinus infection. Seems I remember DH going through this when he quit and the Dr. told him it would go on - off and on - for about 6 months. Between the sinus infection and my normal allergies I am NOT a happy camper :!: :!: :!: I go for my regular allergy shot (for fire ants) on Wednesday - think I'll mention this to the RN and see what she says.

And BTW - ya'll were the only people I told I was quitting. It took DH 4 days to notice and say something, my DS (13 years old) thought when I was going out to work the flowers I was still smoking and DD (10 years old) was clueless. Step DS did notice and say something this past weekend (he only sees me on Sundays). And OH - so proud of step DS - he graduated from BLET this past Thursday. (That's Basic Law Enforcement Training) As for my co-workers - NOT A CLUE - too wrapped up in their own little world.

Sorry this has been so long - but wanted to let you know how I am, and where I was at on this journey. Many of you sent kind and encouraging words when I first started - THANK YOU SO MUCH. Having all of you know what I was trying to accomplish - made me feel like I was accountable to someone other than myself. I know this battle is not over yet, but I am determined to NOT let all of you down!!!

Thanks again, and God's blessing on each of you.

Piedmont Quilter
    Rebecca
    10 Days Smoke Free

Knew that yuo could do it
    If I had been there I could have told! Hee hee

Congratulations, Rebecca!!!!! Doesn't it feel good?! (Aside from the sinus infection, of course :( ) Keep going -- it just gets better.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done and pats on the back! All this coming from someone trying to quit too. Not as successful as you yet but I'm still working on it.

This place has a free quit meter. It tells you how much money and life you saved on a daily basis. I used it before when I made it whole week. I liked it because it was encouraging me even if nobody else was around to do it. :wink:

http://www.silkquit.org/stop-smoking/quit-meter.aspx

WOOHOO!!! Congrats!
    Keep up the good work!!!

Blog Entries
    WooooooHooooooo!!!! That is so awesome!!!! Sorry about the sinus infection, I hope that they can give you something for it. You should be sooo proud of yourself!!!! Sending you a big ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) :D :D :D

Keep up the good work.

A pack of cigarettes - $5
    A trip to the doctor for a sinus infection - $40
    Clean, healthy lungs and more energy to quilt - Priceless.

There are going to be pluses to. You will be able to smell all the sweet orders in mother nature, and when you get one of those nasty colds you seem to get less of them and get over them faster :D Three cheers and keep it up :D

Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    Keep up the good work.

A pack of cigarettes - $5
    A trip to the doctor for a sinus infection - $40
    Clean, healthy lungs and more energy to quilt - Priceless.
    I just couldn't have said it better!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

(although sinus infections are miserable, I have sympathy for you)

Rebecca, I am so happy for you. This is a ginormous achievement. You should reward yourself! (fabs? :wink: )
    I don't recall how old you are, but hubby quit at 41, and his docs say, his emphysema is not bc, he smoked, but bc he was a welder and breathed welding slag, and chemicals, from his job.
    The point is, 15-20 years from now, you are going to be so much healthier than you would have been, and your going to be so proud of yourself all the years up to.
    What I meant about hubby's doctors, is: they say, his quitting all those years ago, is the single best thing he could have done for his health and they commended him for it. I do too. So proud of you for doing this for you and your family, and for us, your quilty friends. WTG!!! :thumbup:

Praise The Lord.
    What an awesome victory.
    One less stronghold of the enemy.

Deara

Sorry about the sinus infection, but so glad you are more than on your way to quitting smoking!!!

Blog Entries
    Way To Go, Rebecca!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: I'll be following you sometime in the near future....
    Good for you!! :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS -- Way to go Rebecca!!

YEAH REBECCA!!!

Your cheerleading team is here behind you- keep up the GREAT work!

(hope you're feeling better soon!)
    Barb

Rebecca

Your a star give yourself a pat on the back - you can do it - you know you can.
    We're all here cheering you on. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tisha

That's awesome!

Power Poster
    good going !!!

hey, the most important person in this exercise is you - but everyone here is cheering for you.

and if you slip - please only let it be a little one

hope you feel better soon.

Keep it up as you are giving me the inspiration to quit smoking for myself.
    Thanks,
    Kirsten

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work.

One day at a time! Congratulations! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Rebecca! WTG!

As for your step DS, congrats too!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your first 10 days!! Just like any other addiction - take it one day at a time, and you'll succeed. When it gets hard, come back here, and someone will be ready to 'talk' and pat you on the back.

WAY TO GO!!!!!! I'll be right behind you with quitting as soon as I get a little less emotional. My doc came to the house the day Roy passed and told me to give it two months before I quit. He's called me three or four times since Roy passed to be sure I'm hanging in. He even came to the funeral so I guess I'll listen to him about the two months.

But you are a hero and my inspiration! We'll celebrate this time next year with an ice cream sundae (in a quilted wall hanging?) or something! lol lol

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Way to go, and keep up the good work!! I quit about 12 years ago now. I had the same problem with sinus infections off & on that lasted for about 2 years. I can tell you in the begining I did not miss smoking itself as much as I missed the habit if you know what I mean. I quit the day I landed in the emergency room with heart problem, dr said I had to quit & quit now. I did it Cold turkey. I always say I had it scared right out of me. Have never missed it. As time goes on you will be surprised how much better you feel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast