Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
SewExtremeSeams

HI Mellie,
Just this morning I was FMQ on my DSM and realized I was not as tense in my shoulders as I have been and am began to feel as though I was starting to make some progress. I have found that working in smaller areas (blocks) on doll quilts is helping me. In practicing to begin working on a doll quilt, I set up a smaller quilt sandwich to practice what was in my mind's eye. Here are a few photos to show what I was doing. Hope it helps and encourages you.

I am also finding that doing the more dense FMQ in smaller areas is giving me better control for when I do a larger quilt than a doll quilt.... I hope.

Side note: I do suggest
a. FREQUENTLY stopping with your needle down and turning the fabric in a better direction to continue going where you want to go
b. going off, if you can, to the side of the sandwich to get a fresh start
c. actually getting up and go do something else for a short bit (maybe view a few topics on this board). I found I was pleasantly refreshed when I returned.

:-D

Not sure if you can see jagged lines, etc. that are NOT perfect. Some lines are just plain covering up my machine going where I didn't want it to go... LOL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247221[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247213.jpe   attachment-247214.jpe   attachment-247215.jpe