Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Laura F

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
HI Mellie,
Just this morning I was FMQ on my DSM and realized I was not as tense in my shoulders as I have been and am began to feel as though I was starting to make some progress. I have found that working in smaller areas (blocks) on doll quilts is helping me. In practicing to begin working on a doll quilt, I set up a smaller quilt sandwich to practice what was in my mind's eye. Here are a few photos to show what I was doing. Hope it helps and encourages you.

I am also finding that doing the more dense FMQ in smaller areas is giving me better control for when I do a larger quilt than a doll quilt.... I hope.

Side note: I do suggest
a. FREQUENTLY stopping with your needle down and turning the fabric in a better direction to continue going where you want to go
b. going off, if you can, to the side of the sandwich to get a fresh start
c. actually getting up and go do something else for a short bit (maybe view a few topics on this board). I found I was pleasantly refreshed when I returned.

:-D
Great job. Your work is very pretty. All I've tried so far is the all over stitching on my Juki. I love quilting, it is my form of relaxing. I think my tongue is hanging out also and I make weird looking faces. I stand to do my quilting and my machine is turned 90 degrees, with my quilt rolled on pvc pipe so I can hold on to it. My DH said I should start trying new sewing patterns, but I don't know which one to try next.