View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by mimisharon
How exciting! Oh, you lucky girl! Hope you tried the cordless drill for going through that paneling. Did you paint it? Paste some fabric on it with starch (saw that done on HGTV a couple of times and I'm thinking that's not a bad idea.) I may try it one of these days.

Hugs,
Sharon
Hi Sharon

No I didn't use the cordless drill.. wishing I did now that you mentioned it!! HOLY CRAP!!!!! that stuff is like concrete trying to just hammer a nail through it!! I hammered a nail to make the holes for the brackets and I swear I was just hammering and hammering and the panelling was not making a single dent!

Painting the panelling would have been a great idea, except during the whole reno and moving phases, that room seemed to be the catch all place and it was never tidy enough to actually get around to paint it. Hopefully next year I will be replacing that @#($*#( panelling altogether. I HATE that stuff!!!! I'm covering it up as much as possible with my wallhangings and other stuff LOL. The fabric idea is good too... but I love all my fabrics and hate to put them on the walls LOL