Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 PM
jraff

Brandy, I'm in Troy, MI. I'm in a different age bracket, but can relate. I was always the stay-at-home mom side of the fence in this area. Grew my own vegetables, sewed my own clothes. I started the quilting at a class at the local LQS when I needed a night away from kids. This summer I have a couple grown children at home, but do get some charity quilting done with the group from our church once a month.

There was a time with kids that I didn't have time for quilting. I was PTO treasurer, PTO president, treasurer of a Parenting group, Sunday School teacher, helped in two school clinics and in the classrooms. That's where I met some of the moms who were on the same wave length as me. We also met on the soccer field benches and continued our friendships on the football bleachers. Now that kids have gone to college, the quilting is back. Yes, my church quilting friends are all older than me (some not more than 6 years,some 20 years older). But we still have the same fun with fabric, sewing mistakes, and food. You could come visit us once.

Enjoy your mom. I just found out tonight that my mother and dad are moving further away from us. It will take 30 more miles to visit them now. They are in Indiana - 200 miles away.