Thread: We did it!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Shelbie
For the first time in almost 29 years, it is just DH and I at the supper table some nights and it is strange. DD our fourth and last is just waiting to write her final nursing exams and then will be officially job hunting. She'll probably be moving out or at least working most of the time. DD#1 got me a "furry child" as pictured in my avatar. This will also be the first September that I have no one to send to school and I don't have to go either as I have retired. Now that's definately weird!
You will miss not going for a while. After 13 years, I still miss going shopping for school supplies and new items to decorate my classroom. This is the first year I haven't bought any new tablets or composition books. :lol: But -- your new life will be filled with other important things. You'll be volunteering, etc. and will be wondering when you will ever get to do the quilting you were so looking forward to doing. It's a wonderful life where you can always say no if you don't feel like doing it. Good luck!