View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by Shemjo
Lovely quilt! How are you doing with the quilting? :lol:
Well, unfortunately I'm still procrastinating. The top and backing are still folded on the table and the batting is still loosely rolled.

Thanks, all for your help and encouragement. I now wish I could twitch my nose and zap some of you over here to get me started. :lol: I can dream, can't I????
UPDATE: Woohoo. I pinned that sucker to the carpet, realized the back (my back, that is) would not last that long, so I tacked the center of each block and a few other strategic places. Rolled it up then spread it on the bed. As soon as I can I will bring it to my mom's to spread out on her dining table (I can do half of it at a time that way.) to baste. Hope that works.

Now, I did all this floor stuff with a 5 year old wanting to help and a one-year old cross as a hornet because the room had been "barracaded" so he couldn't enter. He finally figured out how to crawl between the rungs of the chairs. Then someone had to sit and hold him until I finished. It was too hot to take him outdoors to play. He didn't want anything to do with all of his toys. He wanted to jump on that quilt. And you people think your cats are cute!!??!!!! :lol:

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I think I will go with Penny's idea of the windowpanes.