View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 AM
FirstQuilt

On Sep 26, 10 18:50:08 BoJangles posted:

AlwaysJustBeth wrote:
Thanks Nancy and Billy. I tried random manuals online to see if I might find one that fit my machine. Didn't try too many tho. I was looking for a threading map. This machine doesn't have a bobbin case. The bobbin sits on a little post that folds onto the bobbin to hold it in place. Also wondering about needles. The one in it is broken and bent. I've not taken it out yet. Beth

Ok Beth, now I am convinced your machine is actually a Singer 9W. The bobbin on the 9W just pops in and you have to fold the post in. I actually have a bunch of bobbins for my machine, but Billy could tell you if you need special bobbins or just ordinary ones. He probably has the bobbins if they are something special. Mine look pretty ordinary.

As far as the needle, those machines take a special vintage needle that is like pulling teeth to find. I managed to find some on e-bay. You will need a 127X1 or Boye # 18 to use on that machine. Unfortunately, the 9W do not take a normal/modern needle. Billy and I think Charlee are working on finding a low cost modern needle that will work on the 9W machines.

I love my Singer 9W -- It threadles very nice, but also try to remember the wheel on the 9W machines turns the opposite of most other machines. You roll the wheel away from you to sew, not toward you like most treadles!

Please post a picture!

Nancy

BoJangles