Old 06-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Jim's Gem

Tomorrow is my DD#3's(Megan)birthday. She will be 22. Here in Southern California you can get a free one day pass to go to the park on your birthday. She has been planning on this for months. An older friend of hers has a daughter with the same birthday,(Meghan) she will be 14. They were supposed to go together. Well, the friend's daughter forgot about going (she's had Disneyland Passes for years and so it's not as special for her) so is not going to go. My DD#2 (Jennifer)lives not far from Disneyland and has annual passes so she will meed Megs after work, around 3:30ish and spend the late afternoon with her.
I have the day off tomorrow. I had planned on running errands and sewing. Now I am trying to decide If I want to go to Disneyland with Megs. Cost for entry is $69. then there's gas, Disneyland is about 80 miles south of us, through LA, then there's parking, though I will let her pay cause she planned on going anyway, then there's food, which costs a fortune. And I am a big girl and cannot be on my feet all day walking and standing in line. (we'd be doing drugs to get through the day!)
I only saw her for about 3 min between my getting home and her racing out the door for a party with her friends and it seems like she would really like me to go with her.
So..... we're talking over $100, a very long day, and certain pain for my feet and back for the next 2 days.
DH thinks I should go. What do you all think?