Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 PM
mgshaw

Originally Posted by Marcia
Wow!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO impressed with you, girl!!! I do not think I could ever do that---I have tried a few times to FM quilt and it looks like, well-poop, for lack of a better word! :shock:

I am impatient too and since I cannot do it well the first time, I do not have the patience to sit and practice over and over again. I feel like I will never get any better, no matter what, so all that practice would just be a colossal waste of time that I could use doing something constructive. I am also a visual learner and I really need someone actually standing over me showing me how on the machine-not just looking at a picture or a video. Still......I dream of someday being able to make a quilt from start to finish all by myself. In the meantime I will just pay someone else to do the quilting for me. There is no sense in ruining a perfectly good quilt top just because I want to do it myself. :lol:

I always thought it was a waste of time too, cause for soooo long I never showed any improvement!!! But it is finally starting to pay off.. Even last week, I wouldnt have dared to show anybody what I had done, it was that bad!!!! But no way I am ready to do one of my quilts yet!!!!! :D