Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by GwynR
I think if you asked questions here in the general chit-chat section you could get lots of help. There are bound to be many of us who sew or sewed clothes also. What kind of help are you needing?
---------------------------------
Fitting mainly. I am very conservative (okay, lets not notice my DH's old shirt and my tight jeans i'm wearing right now) and when I do wear other than jeans, I want clothes that fit and look nice for my age..78 this month. I hate the styles and ugly patterns sold for older women. What I want to make and feel better wearing are matching blazers and skirts. I do have a marvelous pattern for a bias blouse, found in an old book on everyday Oriental patterns made for the US. Lovely stuff.

I'm short with a long torso, which makes for short legs, and, very unfortunately, I, as well as my sisters, inherited Mom's Field family heavy thighs and thick calves. Which more or less lets out short skirts, long skirts with skinny boots look good with a small waist and bigger hips, but wider skirts? Narrower skirts? A lines?

Haven't decided what looks best, and how to find out, since I live alone. Someone here suggested taking pictures with each outfit...but by whom? I live alone. Haven't had that much cooperation from my cats yet.