Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Know of a good garment sewing site, like this one? >

Know of a good garment sewing site, like this one?

Know of a good garment sewing site, like this one?

Old 08-20-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm wanting a little help here and there with making clothes. I know darn well there is no place like home (Quilting Board) but
isn't there ONE place that is at least one quarter as well managed? One fifth? Less?
Ran into one of them, it has a mass of letters that run down the page but that's all they are, not much substance to them.

(Sorry, imitation (...) Boards)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM

www.patternreview.com
Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Try http://www.sewforum.com/index.php?si...0a910daf938013

It is a wonderful and friendly place to find all kinds of inspiration and sewing help.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:19 PM

I think if you asked questions here in the general chit-chat section you could get lots of help. There are bound to be many of us who sew or sewed clothes also. What kind of help are you needing?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by GwynR
I think if you asked questions here in the general chit-chat section you could get lots of help. There are bound to be many of us who sew or sewed clothes also. What kind of help are you needing?
---------------------------------
Fitting mainly. I am very conservative (okay, lets not notice my DH's old shirt and my tight jeans i'm wearing right now) and when I do wear other than jeans, I want clothes that fit and look nice for my age..78 this month. I hate the styles and ugly patterns sold for older women. What I want to make and feel better wearing are matching blazers and skirts. I do have a marvelous pattern for a bias blouse, found in an old book on everyday Oriental patterns made for the US. Lovely stuff.

I'm short with a long torso, which makes for short legs, and, very unfortunately, I, as well as my sisters, inherited Mom's Field family heavy thighs and thick calves. Which more or less lets out short skirts, long skirts with skinny boots look good with a small waist and bigger hips, but wider skirts? Narrower skirts? A lines?

Haven't decided what looks best, and how to find out, since I live alone. Someone here suggested taking pictures with each outfit...but by whom? I live alone. Haven't had that much cooperation from my cats yet.