Old 06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
This is such a FUN thread for me. I need the smiles. Keep your great names coming! I add them to a list I set up on my computer's Word. You are all soooo clever!!

Sadly, we have to wait awhile now, dunno if 2 months or 10. We have to learn more about bankruptcy process. There are so many dogs in shelters due to owners going bankrupt... but not us. We WILL get a dog. We have a dilemma. On one hand, it may be harder to rent with a dog, yet we need daughters' sm dogs allowed (live too far to leave dog). On the other hand, I hear it's easier if they can see your dog first. And if we have months before moving, we'll have time in this house for our new baby to get used to us. And alarmingly, I've discovered many shelter/rescue places require you to have a fenced yard with access to it for the dog. Our townhome of 21yrs has a nice solid woodfenced patio with a dog dirt area 2yards sq between hottub&fence, next to waterfall/pond/ferns. Our last 2 small dogs freely used doggie door to go relieve or lie in the sun. The shelter home-inspector will see the complex' huge fenced area grassy for ball/frisbee games, picnics + we live near a maintained paved creekside for dogwalkers, babystrollers, bikes. We'd get approved in a nanosecond here, not so sure about an apt. So, a decision can't be made until we have a better idea of timing & cost of apts. I hate this. It's not our fault; DH was downsized from 3 jobs. This lousy carsales job income dropped to min wage. Also, my medical woes multiplied, 3 surgeries, so had to resign(then all but 4nurses there were let go). My income stopped. Don't believe news: banks are NOT helping the little guy.

Sundays, I uuu-and-ahhh at the cute dogs on the updated lists on Petfinder +shelter/rescues (up to 100mi away). When I informed the places of my 4 top choices we have a family crisis and must wait, they all reassured me, that sadly, there will still be plenty of dogs when I'm ready. ---to whomever suggested a mini-schnauzer... for 15yrs we enjoyed our Misty, then our sweet Sheltie, Blue, then our funny Sunny, Border Terrier. I loved my childhood Collie then Pom & DH, his Golden, then Samoyed. This time we'll choose by temperment and size.

I can't wait to again have a dog on my lap when sewing or under my cutting table again.... Quilting with a dog is heaven to me!
Cathy:
Sorry to hear about all that is going on with you. Glad this thread has cheered you up. It has been a great thread and fun to follow.
Cathy, my sister tells me to keep praying for her because my prayers always seem to work for her. I thank God He is no respecter of persons and for the fact that my sister believes my prayers work. If it does not offend you I will pray for you and your DH too.