View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 AM
liese

Originally Posted by ccthomas
Thanks for sharing your story. Hope you are okay with me posting the link on the link section on how to donate a quilt and the quilt patterns on the site. I am sure there are many of us that would like to make and share one of these quilts for children.
Absolutely, Carol!! Hope my story helps get others involved -- such a worthy cause. Since that story, I also had a 47-bed Children's Hospital contact me as they used to have a woman who made quilts for the kids. Their patients are medically fragile children and children who are in their last months of their lives who the parents cannot take care of at home. She said the quilts always brightened the childrens' rooms, beds and cribs and they sure would love to have someone make quilts for them again.
My thought was: if I post it here maybe some of my Quilting Board buddies would come forward and volunteer to make a quilt! If I could find 47 people to each make one small lap quilt (45 x 45 or so) -- what an amazing accomplishment that would be and how happy we could all make some children battling the fight of their life! Please PM me if you're interested or want details -- Thanks!!!