Thread: Lap Quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 AM
SheriR

Originally Posted by davis2se
Wow. Hate to be a stick in the mud, but if the person or people who wants you to make the quilt didn't provide enough fabric for the size and style she wants, why wouldn't you simply tell her that this won't work, and she either needs to provide you with an adequate amount of fabric, or agree to a design that you come up with that will work with the amount of fabric she did give you? After over 40 years in business I have determined, unequivacably, that the customer is NOT always right. I understand that this is for a charity auction, but their expectations of what you can do have to be reasonable for what you have.
You're totally right and if i were in business I'd be more forward with her. However if I waited on her to get more fabric, I know I wouldn't meet the deadline. It was easy to go to WalMart early today and get another YARD of the exact fabric she used. And I'll give her the receipt. =)

I did go with D9P, my FIRST. Now I don't know which layout to use. I've put up pics of the original and four ideas for block placement. the blocks will end up 14 inches. If my calculations are correct, with a 3ish inch border, it should be close to 62 x 70ish... Should I make it square? Are lap quilts square?

Original block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251805[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251807[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251799.jpe   attachment-251800.jpe   attachment-251801.jpe