Thread: Lap Quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
SheriR

Here's the finished top.

I've found, now, I need to detach myself from it. The lady in charge of this project really does not know what she's doing, quilting wise. I admit I am by FAR no expert. But.... she has two quilt tops now she wants hand quilted. Another besides the one I made. We went last night to begin quilting and to her credit, the first quilt was up on frames. We proceeded to pin the top I made and found the bat she had was like 3 inches two small on both sides. We had to stretch it to fit. Maybe it will be ok. Then we sit and proceed to quilt. Now, remember I'm new to hand quilting, but I know enough about sewing that I've seen special thread called "Quilting" thread. I ask one lady and she says, Yes we should be using different thread. We were given ordinary Coats N Clark sewing thread,ONE strand. Today when she called to get my address and such to reimburse me for the fabric I purchased, I told her I would try to get out and get her real quilting thread. But IF they had to quilt on it before I got the tread at least double it. That's all I could think to do. She sort of brushed me off and went on with what she was saying. She also had the offer of having the two quilts machine quilted, but she was insistent on them having the extra care of being hand quilted. Despite the fact she knows nothing about quilting, how it's done, how long it will take, or the supplies needed. So...... detached from the quilt...

Sorry if it seems I'm venting. I appologize. But I don't have time to do the entire project myself. My husband is having surgery tomorrow and my daughter is here with her three children... I know I'm wrong for being hard on her. I appologize.

Here is my finished top. I think it turned out beautiful.

My first D9P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253027[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253021.jpe