Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
amandasgramma

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Your most logical approach is to contact the PBS station that serves your specific area.

Also, consult your local tv listings to find out what's on in your specific area.

If there are mistakes in those listings, just call or email the station to let them know.

Each station is going to base is programming decisions on perceived interest in the area served. Cost also has a great deal to do with it. Many of the programs broadcast are paid for by corporate and private donations.

if you want quilting shows on your local PBS channel, start a good natured campaign. Get local quilters to send them requests. They will need money to buy the programming, so be prepared to help them with fundraising.
I have contacted my local and I was very nice -- asking why they don't show more quilting shows --- especially since quilting is a BIG DOLLAR industry. Wish i could find the article that states how many quilters they figure are out there nationwide. Hmmmmm I need to find that and let them know about it!!!! maybe they're just ignorant. i've contacted my local PBS station and I've contacted my DishNetwork provider.......maybe someone will listen just like Walmart listened to us! Oh -- and I HAVE helped with funding.............only to have them take off the stations I like!!!! :shock: