View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM
MacThayer

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
I always have really great luck posting a 'Want to Buy' ad on Craigslist. I wanted a Singer 31-15 industrial in the worst way. I couldn't find one locally and they are too heavy and expensive to ship. I posted a WTB ad and had one in my sewing room 2 days later for 125.00 including the solid maple top power stand and motor! It was only an hour away.

I decided I wanted a Pfaff 138 for zigzag capability and because it would fit in the same cut out of the power stand for the Singer 31-15. I would be able to swap out the heads, depending on the task at hand. I posted a WTB ad and got 3 offers of machines. I had one a week later. An hour away in the opposite direction.

In both instances the children saw the ad on CL and told their parents someone was looking for the machine they had. you never know what is hiding in someones basement but they don't know how to get it sold.
Hey, that's a great idea. I never knew there was a "Want to Buy" section on Craig's List. I'm going to try that too! And I'll bet a lot of other people will as well. Thanks! You've done a great service here!