Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Treadle Machine >

Singer Treadle Machine

Singer Treadle Machine

Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Being in the antique business myself, I can tell you that it is a buyer's market. Portland's (Oregon) economy is not good and this summer there was a garage sale on every corner. Way too many for most to be successful. I bought a gorgeous Singer treadle for $50 and I can't believe how much fabric I have been buying not because I need it but because it's so cheap. I had another chance to buy one last weekend.....rarer but not so great condition. Probably 1920s electric that worked good and was really a good buy for $50 but it never sold. I didn't want to walk away from but manged to reel myself in. They're out there so don't spend anymore than you can afford.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:42 PM

Bought 2 treadles at auction last month. $25.00 each. Need a little work, but they both free wheeled so bought them. So pretty cleaned up. Bought another at yard sale for $30.00, so I think that is way high.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Google Goddess

great idea, I didn't now that there was a Want to buy section on craigs list

thanks for letting us know

Originally Posted by MacThayer
Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
I always have really great luck posting a 'Want to Buy' ad on Craigslist. I wanted a Singer 31-15 industrial in the worst way. I couldn't find one locally and they are too heavy and expensive to ship. I posted a WTB ad and had one in my sewing room 2 days later for 125.00 including the solid maple top power stand and motor! It was only an hour away.

I decided I wanted a Pfaff 138 for zigzag capability and because it would fit in the same cut out of the power stand for the Singer 31-15. I would be able to swap out the heads, depending on the task at hand. I posted a WTB ad and got 3 offers of machines. I had one a week later. An hour away in the opposite direction.

In both instances the children saw the ad on CL and told their parents someone was looking for the machine they had. you never know what is hiding in someones basement but they don't know how to get it sold.
Hey, that's a great idea. I never knew there was a "Want to Buy" section on Craig's List. I'm going to try that too! And I'll bet a lot of other people will as well. Thanks! You've done a great service here!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

My machine cost $ 100.00 and is in perfect working condition and the wood frame is perfect.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

ooops!