Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
DonnaC

My "main" (in other words, most expensive) sewing machine has just stopped working and I'm so frustrated!

It's a Singer Quantum L-500 that I purchased a while back when the model first was released (BIG mistake). It's already been back to Singer in Tennessee twice for warranty repairs. It's a good machine when it works correctly, but when it doesn't, the problems are pretty serious.

Today I was sewing along and it just STOPPED dead. The low-bobbin indicator keeps coming on, and it won't sew. I've tried everything - changed the bobbin, the thread, the needle, cleaned it out, talked sweetly to it - nothing.

I just sent a somewhat nasty note off to Singer asking how long they expect me to struggle along with this LEMON of a machine before they acknowlege that it's a piece of cr*p and send me a new one. The second time I had to send it back for warranty repair, they made ME pay for the shipping, and there's no way on God's green earth I'm paying another $65.00 to return it again... THEY can pay this time. I've just had it. Right now I've got a $1,200 paperweight on my hands and I'm not a happy camper.

Okay, now I feel better. I'm going to get out my lovely little workhorse Kenmore that never gives me any trouble, and try to finish the project I'm working on.

I just knew you guys would sympathize, and I needed some sympathy.