Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:34 PM

I am so sorry! I had that to happen about 4 years ago during Nov and the store had it until Jan! I was devastated as I didn't get the things made that I needed to or wanted to! So I do feel your pain!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM

Oooh I sympathize with you. It took 11 months before I had the proper training to load my quilting frame and I had about 5 minutes of training and my Viking Mega-Quilter died. It had very few hours on it ... I was making pretty leaves, stars, and stipling and CLACK, CLACK FREEZE!!! I won't get the machine back for a month. Grrrrrrrrrr. :thumbdown: :hunf:
Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 PM

I agree with everyone here. I purchased the first computerized Singer machine many years ago. What a piece of junk and waste of money. The only reason why I bought this brand was because of the reputation that they used to have. I learned to sew on my mother's Singer. She had the fit zig zag model with all the cams for the decorative stitches. Back then, all the parts were steel and not plastic. My Singer spent more time in the shop being "repaired" than I spent sewing on it. 25 yeas ago I bought a Kenmore an have been happy as a clam ever since. I used that old Singer as a trade-in on my Kenmore and was almost laughed out the store -- didn't get a penny for it. I don't remember what I did with it after that. Only time I took it in to the shop was to have it's yearly check-up. The repairman said it was a good machine and to take good care of it because they don't build them like this any more. So true.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 PM

I understand your frustration. I bought a Bernina several years ago with the embroidery module. Worked beautiful for awhile. Had it upgraded. Worked for awhile. Had it back in the shop (store 45 minutes away) several times. Timing was off! Read on the internet that a solid table is needed to embroider. The machine sewing is great. Have not tried to embroider for several years. If I ever get caught up on other things I will try it again. Just don't want to get frustrated again. Have so much money invested in it that I hate to throw it out. My hubby wouldn't be too happy about it. My sis-in-law has a Brother and does beautiful work without a module.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005
I'm sorry about your "paper weight" (lol). But i am in love with my Kenmore. It's just a simple machine. but...oh so reliable. Good Luck!!
Wish I still had my first Kenmore...it was traded in on my first New Home (Janome). Kenmores are workhorses!