Old 09-11-2011, 03:52 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Singer for reasons that are mindboggling, have two very different quality of machines. Two of the same machines, one is cheaper made, one is high end great quality. Singer does that with everything they make. It's two different manufacturing. They don't seem to care that the lesser quality gives the Singer brand a dollar store image.
I have one of the first Singer Quantums and it looks nothing like the first Quantums that were for sale everywhere. Mine is not the lightweight plastic, it's like the Juki hard plastic/metal build and is a heavy machine. It sews smooth and quiet and has never given me one bit of trouble. Most of the Singer dealers get the cheaper models! Easier to sell? I don't know.

http://bestsewingmachine.net/sewing-...r-9240-quantum Here is the only pic I can find of the first Quantums. Mine is before that, no needle up or down is the only feature I don't have on it from this one. It is mechanical and computerized! First batch model Quantum manufactured before they 'improved' it.