Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Christine27
Originally Posted by echoemb
When I had my embroidery business we did this all the time. Sometimes when you don't get the tension right, the bobbin thread shows on the top and we just took fabric pens and touched them up and nobody was the wiser.
Yay! I'm so glad I'm not alone!

It's been this guilty little temptation teasing me all weekend! I don't think I even mentioned it to my sister-in-law, who I share a sewing room with. Maybe I'll give it a try on one of the smaller spots!
Walk away from it for a few days, then lay the quilt on your bed, and see if it's really all that noticeable? or not?

One caution .... if the marker is a different colour, or your hand not totally steadym it may look worse after than before.

If you decided to go the marker route, perhaps make a mug rug with the same fabrics, batting and quilting to test your marker technique first before you go for the real thing. Be sure to heat set it .... and even go the distance and toss it in the washer. Maybe even do that with the mug rug before you try the marker, and you'll see if what the others are suggesting changes your thoughts.