Old 09-13-2011, 06:15 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Sally and I decided to take a trip.. but not just any ole trip. WE were headed to Winfield Kansas.. We were on a mission... We met at 6am and headed on our way, it was going to be a long, long, long trip from Missouri... But, again we were on a mission !....

And our Mission was - BONNIE HUNTER !!!!!!! yup you guessed it the queen of scraps and best scrappy quilter I have ever known !!!! if you dont know who this awesome lady is check out her website..

WWW.quiltville.com

she has soooo may freebie patterns to use up all those scraps just laying around and multiplying... you can also find the link to her blog from the website...

OK so mission competed! we made it there for her TRUNK SHOW at 1pm.. Whoo hoo !! She was so entertaining, so enthusiastic, She so got our creative juices flowing that i wish I had my sewing machine right then and there with me.. It was a LOOOOOONG drive that was so well worth it... She had her quilts pictured from Leaders and Enders and quite a few From her ShirtTails Books... I love her scrappy thinking and with her quilts there ARE NO QUILT POLICE lingering around! She does what she wants and what she loves and knows what WILL BE LOVED.. She uses recycled fabric wherever possible and they are absolutely beautiful!!! It was a rare treat indeed to see them so up close and personal!!! I am sooo glad Sally wanted to go, without her I would of missed this glorious day!!

We bought her books and thanked her and the Guild president for setting up the is lecture . We left to see if we could hit any quilt shops ( see http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152595-1.htm for our lil adventures)

Ok so it was almost five when we hit our last QS and we were headed home, until sally spoke up... Hmmm she had a good point to share.... ok so instead of turning home we headed straight back to the SECOND showing of Bonnies trunk Show..After all, it was only 30 min away- and how often do I, do we get a chance to see Bonnie?? Let alone TWICE IN ONE DAY !!!! So there we go, back to the lecture and trunk show... We were greeted with laughs and giggles, and Even Bonnie laughed when she saw us again !! She gave me a hug and I was proud to show her my support and let her know I WAS a diehard Bonnie Fan!!!

Bonnie ( yes she was smiling and laughing the whole lecture)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255952[/ATTACH]

Bonnie & me.. YAY!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255953[/ATTACH]

Queen of scraps & SewScrappy...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255954[/ATTACH]

What is she wearing !?!?!?! lol.. You go Girl!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255987[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255946.jpe   attachment-255947.jpe   attachment-255948.jpe   attachment-255981.jpe