Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: BEST day ever !!!!! Bonnie Hunter !!!!! (trip thru Kansas Part 2)

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Sally and I decided to take a trip.. but not just any ole trip. WE were headed to Winfield Kansas.. We were on a mission... We met at 6am and headed on our way, it was going to be a long, long, long trip from Missouri... But, again we were on a mission !....

And our Mission was - BONNIE HUNTER !!!!!!! yup you guessed it the queen of scraps and best scrappy quilter I have ever known !!!! if you dont know who this awesome lady is check out her website..

WWW.quiltville.com

she has soooo may freebie patterns to use up all those scraps just laying around and multiplying... you can also find the link to her blog from the website...

OK so mission competed! we made it there for her TRUNK SHOW at 1pm.. Whoo hoo !! She was so entertaining, so enthusiastic, She so got our creative juices flowing that i wish I had my sewing machine right then and there with me.. It was a LOOOOOONG drive that was so well worth it... She had her quilts pictured from Leaders and Enders and quite a few From her ShirtTails Books... I love her scrappy thinking and with her quilts there ARE NO QUILT POLICE lingering around! She does what she wants and what she loves and knows what WILL BE LOVED.. She uses recycled fabric wherever possible and they are absolutely beautiful!!! It was a rare treat indeed to see them so up close and personal!!! I am sooo glad Sally wanted to go, without her I would of missed this glorious day!!

We bought her books and thanked her and the Guild president for setting up the is lecture . We left to see if we could hit any quilt shops ( see http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152595-1.htm for our lil adventures)

Ok so it was almost five when we hit our last QS and we were headed home, until sally spoke up... Hmmm she had a good point to share.... ok so instead of turning home we headed straight back to the SECOND showing of Bonnies trunk Show..After all, it was only 30 min away- and how often do I, do we get a chance to see Bonnie?? Let alone TWICE IN ONE DAY !!!! So there we go, back to the lecture and trunk show... We were greeted with laughs and giggles, and Even Bonnie laughed when she saw us again !! She gave me a hug and I was proud to show her my support and let her know I WAS a diehard Bonnie Fan!!!

Bonnie ( yes she was smiling and laughing the whole lecture)
    Name:  Attachment-255946.jpe
Views: 119
Size:  54.4 KB

Bonnie & me.. YAY!!
    Name:  Attachment-255947.jpe
Views: 117
Size:  82.2 KB

Queen of scraps & SewScrappy...
    Name:  Attachment-255948.jpe
Views: 112
Size:  86.8 KB

What is she wearing !?!?!?! lol.. You go Girl!!
    Name:  Attachment-255981.jpe
Views: 112
Size:  55.8 KB

She is doing a workshop near here in Nov. 2012 and I already have purchased my seat! I can't wait to see her! I follow her blog and on Facebook. I have done several of her patterns and I use her scrap users system!

Awesome, I am making on of her quilts right now. What a fun trip, wish I could have joined you~

Ohhh, you lucky ladies!!! :D

And she's teaching in Holton, KS this Thursday!! but alas, I have to be in Topeka on Friday, and can't go a day early. :(

How cool! I'd love to meet her!

What a great road trip!!!

Sounds like a fun trip.

She has been an inspiration to me, as well! I appreciate the fact that she lets us use her site at no charge as well.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you guys had an incredibly awesome day! Thanks for sharing the story and your pics.

Power Poster
    What a fun day you had! Thanks for sharing!

I'm so glad you ladies got to see Bonnie Hunter. Looks like it was a great time! I recently checked Bonnie's site and discovered she will be in Holton on Thursday. My son lives there and I am going to visit him NEXT week! AAAAGHHH! Couldn't go this week because I am in charge of the guild's new sewing bee and our first time is tomorrow. Oh well, Bonnie will be in Perry in 2013!

All of you Ladies look so happy and beautiful. Glad you two decided to follow your heart and did what you loved.

Luv and I make pretty good road trip buddies. It was so much fun!! We got to see Bonnie!!! Twice!!!! I got home at 1:30a this morning. What a fun day, I'm so very glad we went.

Blog Entries
    I am so thrilled for you! Glad that you had such a wonderful trip and got to meet Bonnie! Thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Lucky, lucky you!!!
    I, too, am a fan of Bonnie Hunter. I follow her blog regularly. Can't believe how she criss-crosses the country to teach and give her trunk shows!
    I've got a large collection of blocks made from leaders and enders per her suggestions. Soon, I will have a scrappy quilt all made up with little effort--yippee!!

Love Quiltville. Thanks for sharing your trip.

what a great adventure I just love her quilts

Blog Entries
    Wow, now that's an honor.

How awesome a day you had! Imagine, Bonnie Hunter, twice in one day! WOWZER! Wish I had been there with you gals. Glad you followed your hearts and made the most of your trip.

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    What great fun! Bonnie is my hero, I would attend one her shows twice in a day anyday!! I think I have to check out her trunk show schedule.

I am so happy for you. She is a nice lady and her designs are wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Been following along with her trip on her Quiltville blog

Blog Entries
    I met Bonnie at our quilt guild last September. I cannot tell you how much she inspired me. I have always loved scrappy quilts. Bonnie is just awesome. I have reorganized my scraps as she describes in her Leaders & Enders Book and have pieced two her King Sized Quilts. Oner is hand quilted and on my bed. Love all of her work..............

Lucky you! I love Bonnie's site and I purchased her book on quilts from shirts. I'm using one of her patterns for a memory quilt from father-in-law's flannel shirts. I agree that she's very generous with her patterns on her website. She's the best!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast