Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
molly4503

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Oh, yeah, did you at least have enough gas money to get back home after shopping? :lol:
LOL, yes I did manage to ave enough left on the CC for gas! Honestly, I was very good - altough I admit it was for due to limited budegt rather than ANY self control!

Okay, so for Keepsake... it is a large store with thousands and thousands of bolts of fabric. :!: For the most part, everything is color coded by background color which is a little hard if you are looking for particular fabrics rather than a certain color scheme. For example, I wanted to get some Beatles FQ for a music themed quilt for DH. I did not know what the background colors were and nor did I care as long as it was Beatles. The girl I encountered at the counter was not helpful and just said, all fabrics are stored by background color. Not exactly helpful.... :( My friend did eventually find the Beatles Quilt Kit so we walked around with that and were able to find 2 of the fabrics. Overall, I didn't think they were the friendliest staff I have ever encountered any any other QS.

For the positives:
- they do have a sale 'corner' in which patterns, kits and books were up to 50% off! Very cool. They also had a large selection of fabric in there too, all of which was 3.99 - deal! All of the fabric I bough was from the sale room with the exception of one piece that I HAD to have because it had irises on it.
- they do have a large scraps bin in which all pieces are .25 cents. The pieces are of course all sizes but I did get 9 pieces and I thought they were a decent size, ESPECIALLY for a quarter!
- their quilts on display are absolutely breathtaking! I actually said to my friend that I may as well just give up now if this is what my work is 'supposed' to look like! (JK of course!)
- The quality of their fabric is awesome - it felt so good as I fondled it - oh wait, this is the quilting board! :oops: LOL and JK!

Then, as we were heading home I see this sign out of the corner of my eye (I was driving) something about 'quilted, so the brakes go on, I bang a "u-ie" on Main St. and go back... It was indeed a little Quilt Shop called The Quilted Frog, I think we were at Weir's Beach! What a great little shop - very, very friendly and helpful. Prices very reasonable and and beautiful displays. They also sell Janome machines so I checked them out too, although I am certainly not able to upgrade QUITE yet it was nice to see a different line as my regular LQS sells Bernina's and Baby Locks. The only thing I bought at this store was a magazine that had a beautiful pattern in it whch they had displayed. It looks as though it is an easy pattern and I just HAVE to make it!

I think that's my report for the day, probably left out something but if I think of anything else I will update the post. Enjoy the pics!

The pic with the golf fabric in it is what I bought yesterday at Knights Quilt Shop - Cape Neddick, ME.

Ocean Bargello fabrics....someday....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38798[/ATTACH]

Keepsake Sale Corner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38799[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38798.jpe   attachment-38799.jpe