Thread: Not warm enough
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by FayZ
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I use warm and Natural and I am cold here in Southern California. I am not sure what to say because my children complain too and we all find the warm and natural batting heavy. What we do is use an inexpensive thin and light weight fleece blanket under the quilt when we want a little more. It works wonderful. Several of my children have just married or are getting married. They al register for one of those fleece blankets when they get married and I make the quilt.
DO you wash it first? Do you tie it?
All the quilts have minumal machine quilting. That is why I use Warm and Natural batting it can be quilted up to 10 inches apart. I wash the quilt before using it as I do the fleece blanket. We also use flannel sheets. Most quilts are 100% cotton LQS fabrics. I am not sure if I was clear in the post above. I do not attach the fleece blanket. They just use it under the quilt with the quilt over it. sometimes I do make quilts, mostly kids or lap quilts, with fleece on one side but I find it hard to attach them as it is slippery. I free motion quilt it.