Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not warm enough >

Not warm enough

Not warm enough

Old 09-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

I use warm and Natural and I am cold here in Southern California. I am not sure what to say because my children complain too and we all find the warm and natural batting heavy. What we do is use an inexpensive thin and light weight fleece blanket under the quilt when we want a little more. It works wonderful. Several of my children have just married or are getting married. They al register for one of those fleece blankets when they get married and I make the quilt.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I use warm and Natural and I am cold here in Southern California. I am not sure what to say because my children complain too and we all find the warm and natural batting heavy. What we do is use an inexpensive thin and light weight fleece blanket under the quilt when we want a little more. It works wonderful. Several of my children have just married or are getting married. They al register for one of those fleece blankets when they get married and I make the quilt.
DO you wash it first? Do you tie it?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by FayZ
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
DO you wash it first? Do you tie it?
All the quilts have minumal machine quilting. That is why I use Warm and Natural batting it can be quilted up to 10 inches apart. I wash the quilt before using it as I do the fleece blanket. We also use flannel sheets. Most quilts are 100% cotton LQS fabrics. I am not sure if I was clear in the post above. I do not attach the fleece blanket. They just use it under the quilt with the quilt over it. sometimes I do make quilts, mostly kids or lap quilts, with fleece on one side but I find it hard to attach them as it is slippery. I free motion quilt it.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:13 AM

annaquilts,you busted me. I wrote a while back that I was a little "fuzzy". Truth is I'm a little fuzzy a lot. My husband says it's due to stress but I'm not so sure. If I don't get the meaning of something just be patient with me. Thank you
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM

I have an old quilt that has a wool blanket as the batting (a well washed old army blanket). It is so warm. I like the idea of using fleece as the batting with pre-washed cotton on top and bottom since the top and back would stabilize the fleece.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

I always use a 4ozpoly batting if warmth and comfort required and tie it. otherwise use warm and natural or 2oz poly batting.