View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I went to a local quilt guild meeting for the first time last night expecting to have a great time. It was held in a large gym full of women. Signed in as a visitor and was not welcomed by the lady sitting there. Told it cost $20 to join the guild and I said I was just a visitor tonight. Went to find a seat and one lady talked to me. Others sat in front of me and others sat behind me and beside me. Talked all around me and no-one said a word to me even though I was wearing the sticker announcing my visitor status. They did announce my name with others and I raised my hand to show where I was sitting. Still no welcome from anyone or any attempt to be friendly. The lady sitting next to me was making rude remarks about the lady doing the FQ raffle, making fun of her voice. Heard others making remarks also that were not kind. I could not hear much of all because of the room acoustics. At break time, I quietly got up and left. Not my kind of quilt guild at all. I tried talking to the woman next to me but she was not interested at all. I am wondering what I should have done to have had a better experience......