Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
PatchGirl

HA! There are several things around the house I may have to try your remedy on!
Originally Posted by ncredbird
After having continued bad experiences with the Singer machine my DH purchased for me as a wedding gift in 1969 I took it out in the field behind our home and took a shotgun to it. That was the most pleasure it had given me in the years that I had it. I took would have to take it to have it serviced every time I used it and unfortunately did that until it was out of warranty. It had been in the shop at least a dozen times. The last time the tech told me he had completely disassembled it and discovered it had been put together wrong at the factory but that there was nothing I could do about it now. I never wanted anyone else to struggle with it as I had so disposed of it in the most satisfactory method I knew of. I still collect the vintage Singers because they have never given me a problem and I can fix them myself for the most part but I will NEVER own another modern Singer. If you are going to purchase another one get an older one. You may not have to pay more than what you would pay for the shipping costs on the one you have but you will have a machine that will last. I wouldn't purchase any Singer dated prior to about 1965. Ann in TN