View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
leiladylei54

I've been trying for many years now to make my own gifts especially for Christmas. So far, basically no one has gotten the hint to "make" something for me. :( I also keep track of things given every year so that I know "who" I gave what so that I don't end up giving that person the same thing the next year. I do enjoy making pot holders and dish towels with appliques on them. I also do a lot of bath towel sets with strips of pretty fabric sewn on it...works out well for the boys and men in the family. Sometimes if it's for a couple, then I will sew a set of towels...2 bath, 2 hand, 2 face. Also do the same with thin, cheap towels for people who have dogs. My latest thing is building baskets (or reasonable fact simile) and fill with homemade items and things added to it built around a theme, add cheap glass Christmas ornaments and pinecones and then wrap it up in cellophane with a huge bow (ribbon roll purchased from Costco or Sam's about this time of the year). If people don't like my homemade things...oh well. It's what "I' like to do.