Thread: mailing a quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Halo

I've had trouble with both USPS & UPS. Got better service from the USPS. Had sent a baby quilt to my niece & when she came to visit 3 months later, I ask her if she liked the quilt. She said what quilt? This was 21 years ago before all this tec stuff of tracking & all. So we both went to the USPS & talked to them about it. Believe it or not, the lady remembered me mailing it. Any way, they did find the quilt a week later in the dead letter office in Seattle WA. It was addressed to Idaho. Anyway, she finally got it. With the UPS, we shipped a hope chest that my DH made for his DD. We were going to visit her & sent it ahead of us & was there when it arrived. Had it insured & all. Anyway, It had been dropped more than once & the lid was broken off plus the bottom was split. We turned it in & they sent a rep out to check it because of the insurance on it. All they did was to offer to send it back to where it had been shipped at no charged. They even took pictures of it. Have never used UPS since.