View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 AM
valsma

I have mentioned this before, but I have written email after email to corporate about the lousy customer service, mis-priced items, ect. in the local store. The store managers call you and tell you what they are going to do to fix the problem, which they do and it last about 5 mins. It is a joke. I still write corprate, but this time I figured a person needed to hear me.
I actually feel for the people on the front lines, they are just trying to keep thier jobs by having to work from dept. to dept. and they are truely under appreciated.

It gets bad at a lot of the store. My girlfriend once was allowed to walk up to the Store in Redmond when they were in the middle of a bomb scare. The police hadn't blocked an driveway and everyone from the store who had been evacuated were out in the parking lot. She drove in, parked and approached the building. People saw her walk up but not one person tried to stop her, not even the people standing around just inside the entrance who should have shooed her away and told her why. Turned out to be a false alarm, but what if it hadn't been? We were visiting that weekend and I told her to send an email to corporate and tell them what had happend. Next morning they were on the phone and were telling her that company protocol on those situations had been overlooked and they were extremely sorry.
WalMart is a needed service in this world today because besides resale shops most low income people can't afford to shop in high end stores today. Most of us have to shave pennys where we can. This is an international company that can offer up good customer service as well as good prices if they wanted to. Maybe if they spent less time having their morning cheer sessions with associates for WalMart and taught customer service people wouldn't be so cranky.