View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 AM
karate lady

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by starshine
Originally Posted by MrsGuava
The melting factor is why I would never use "green" quilt batting. We live in a society that has to be told not to put a plastic bag over its head.
yes the frivilous law suits have taken the sense out of common sense.
All I can say is the woman who sued Mcd. because their coffee was hot and burned her when she sat it on the seat of the car between her legs was lucky I was not on the jury. She would not have gotten any settlement, I probably would have requested a retraining order banning her from ever ordering coffee from anyone. That case IMHO was stupidity meeting greed.
Well, I usually agree that these things are just stupid and the people should use common sense. However, I know a lawyer who had some dealings with the case. McD's had been warned several times and sued several times over injuries from their scalding coffee. They chose to ignore the warnings. The woman who finally won had third degree burns. Her flesh was literally falling off. There is hot coffee and then there is boiling coffee.
you have to admit though putting hot coffee of any temp on the seat between your legs is pretty danged stupid......