View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:02 PM
CalleQuilter

I am with Seahourseanna. I absolutely detest cutting. I cut out a quilt and was really enjoying sewing it until I discovered when putting together the squares, that somehow along the way I had cut a little crooked. Now it looks like hell. I tried sewing on little extra pices of fabric to make it work (luckily with the fabric I used it's not really noticeable) but boy, that's a lot of work with ripping seams and resewing. I still haven't finished that thing! Every once in a while I drag it out and try to work on it, get frustrated and put it away again. Ugggh! The sad part is I cut out two quilts that day and still don't know if I have the same problem with the second quilt,(different pattern) because I just can't deal with finding out I messed that one up as well! Since that experience, I have a "fear" of cutting wrong and wasting expensive fabric.

On the good side, I have a friend that has offered to cut for me, but isn't this a fear I have to conquer? I can't depend on other people to cut my patterns forever! I've got to learn to do it right myself.