View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by Ann63
I have a request for quilters. While making a quilt for my aunt on dialysis, I searched to see if there were in organization that make quilts for dialysis patients. I could not find one. My aunt is always saying how cold it is there and althought at her center they do give them blankets, they are still cold. I read on the internet with cutbacks some hospitals have stopped passing out blankets to dialysis patients who come in for day treatments, they have to bring their own. So I am requesting to my fellow QB members that we make a quilt for at least one dialysis patient for Christmas. My goal is 10, so far I have 3 tops done.
Dialysis Patients are usually told to wear warm clothes and bring a blanket as well. I recently made a large quilted bag for my BFF's 90 y/o Mom who is on Dialysis that carries all her stuff to dialysis. It has several pockets and a clear plastic pocket to carry her Insurance card in. Large enough for her blanket and snack.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45603-1.htm

I made a quilt for former student that was black, red and white - with a black flannel backing so that it could be clean and not stained looking.