Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM
OzarksGma

Originally Posted by whyiquilt
Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
Originally Posted by OzarksGma
What are Red Snappers? I do Long Arm and have an HQ-16. Sometimes I pin if it is a small quilt and if it is a larger one I use a basting stitch and sew the backing and top on to the leaders.
The snappers may be something I may have to look in to.
Thanks
OzarksGma
Curious about Red Snappers too.
I LOVE my Red Snappers! I can load a quilt in less than 15 minutes and unload in less than 5 minutes.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udj94FQ1juE
I ordered some of the Red Snappers for my shop. I am using them for the first time. It did take some time to set up as I had to put a hem in all of my leaders, then when I loaded the quilt it took me about 45 minutes, but usually takes me about an hour and half to set one up. I know I will get faster as I do more on them. I also ordered the Red Edge clamps and have used them, but they do require at least 3 inches on the sides to keep from bumping into them. I was doing a custom with a table and ended up taking them off the sides and using my clamps. I had to move them around to keep them out of the way of the table, but I do plan on using them on the next quilt I'm doing as it is just an overall stipple and I won't be having to watch out for the table. So glad I saw this information on here. I think I'm going to like my Red Snappers a lot.
OzarksGma