Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Sepher

I'm making a t shirt quilt out of my daughter's old clothes. All of the clothes that I've selected are the same type of 100% cotton that stretches (think of onesies and things like that). I started cutting fabric and putting a bit of tissue paper between the fabric blocks as I sewed them together. That was just my makeshift way of dealing with the stretch. It seems to be working well. The back of the quilt will not be made of t shirt type fabric. It will be cotton that doesn't stretch. The size of the quilt is still to be determined. I'm thinking it will be in the neighbor of 5'x5' when I'm done? Smaller than a twin bed spread for sure but larger than a baby blanket.

I would like to have it long armed when I'm done. But will that be a problem since I'm not using fusible interfacing? I guess I could rip out all my sewing so far and start using it, but I think I'd cry if it came to that! What would you do in my shoes? (And any recommendations for someone who could long arm this would be great!)