View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Jo Belmont

I was chosen! I'm adopted! A beautiful 6-year old male who is independent, affectionate, and the most curious creature I have ever, ever seen.

He did not stop "inspecting" for a full 4 hours after I brought him home - Every nook and cranny. He loves to play and loves even more sitting in the windows at tree-top level. He also loves playing in the basket of scraps. He's fully trained, microchipped, and so healthy, litter-box trained, up to date with all shots, etc., no health problems, and came with a free vet exam and 30 days free med insurance. I didn't even find out about most of these other things until after he had decided that I was the one he wanted to go home with. Oh, yes, and he also loves to drink from a slow-running faucet.

He had been in the shelter since January, having been left there and provided for by his previous owner who had to give him up due to health problems. Best of all, he loves to be in the same room as I am. Not much for toys, though, but it is just the first day. Right now, he and I are both quite exhausted. I think we shall sleep well, wherever he decides is a better bed.

Because he examines everything so closely, including my quilts in progress, he has been dubbed "Inspector Clouseau." Oh, yes, and most of the time he comes when called. Now that totally surprised me.

I couldn't get a good pic tonight, but in full view, he looks like he's wearing a tuxedo. His front feet are distinctly white as are the back, except his back "socks" go all the way to the knee. I love his white whiskers.

He is a literal answer to prayer.

Thank you again to the many, many who showered me with their sage advice. I couldn't have done it without you.

Clouseau also sends his thanks.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259354.jpe   attachment-259366.jpe