View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Dolphyngyrl

yes you have been adopted. I do believe the cats adopt you. I went to look at a litter of kittens in college. One walked right up to me plopped down in my lap and hasn't left since. It's been 11 wonderful years so far. I had another cat I chose but she never took to me, adored my husband though, she chose him. Dogs I feel do this too. This old dog at my work, lost his owner due to death, and the wife said find him a nice home, she would pay boarding until we could find him a new home. Instantly he attached himself to my husband just adored him, we had a wonderful 4 years with him before he passed. We got a dog from my shelter to live with my MIL, she lived alone at the time, FIL worked out of state. No one wanted this dog, his time was almost up. My husband said lets take him home, he still lives with my MIL, but I am definitely his favorite. He just lights up when I am there, definitely chose me. I named him, my MIL tried to change it but he won't respond to any other name. Its great to hears such fond stories of how animals choose their owners because they really do